Which information you get
The mass spectrometry is an analysis technique that allows to identify molecules by measuring their mass and to characterize their structure.
According to the methods of ionization, we can obtain the mass and the molecular formula of molecule as well as structural information.
Which analysis for your sample ?
Electrospray (ESI) is used for polar and/or high molecular weight molecules.
The electron impact (IE) or chemical ionization (IC) modes coupled to a gas chromatograph are more advisable for apolar molecules and low molecular weight.
The APCI is restricted to molecules of low polarity.
Here is a table to help you to choose :
How to use them
Users bring or send a request to the mass service by completed the form below :
Download a spectra request form .
For ESI analysis you need to :
- for stable molecule and m/z <1000
Book online with GRR:
- Go to ICMMO’s Intranet (French version)
- Click under "Réservations" on "Masse" (a new window opens, verify you are in "Plateforme technique" ; "Masse"; "ESI - routine")
- Use your ADONIS username and password to log in.
- Click on "+" to book (5 max/person/day) the time does not mean anything, book in in a successive way.
- Write the compound name in "Brève description" and choose your team above “Équipe”.
Do not change the other parameters (durée, domaine, type...).
Once completed, drop your analysis sheet and sample attached before 10 :30am the day of the analysis. Drop them in the good drawer in the mass spectrometry entry hall.
If you drop your sample after 10:30am we could not analyse it.
- For sensible molecule (temperature, solvents, air...) and/or high mass (m/z >1000) and/or for organo-metallic chemicals
Please make an appointment at : firstname.lastname@example.org
External services possible.
Coupling in liquid or gas chromatography are possible.